MICROWAVE PLASMA IGNITER
Fuel-free ignition system with plasma beam (ionized gas volume) and high ignition potential.
- Carbon-fuel-free ignition system: No fuel and no combustion air required
- Compact design
- Quickly-available ignition system to support the flexible operation of fossil-fired combustion systems
- Direct ignition of different solid fuels such as dry lignite, highly-volatile hard coal, coal dust or biomass
- Safe ignition of various gas, liquid and solid fuels
- Microwave plasma output: 1 / 3 kW
- High ignition potential: High temperature with high energy density in the ignition volume
- Any carrier medium for provision of the plasma possible (e.g. air)
- Few connections and interfaces required
- Rapid return on investment
Complete saving on ignition fuels and the necessary infrastructure. Fuel conditioning is not required, regular safety audits are not necessary.
- Simple integration for incorporation into higher-level control systems and controllers
- High availability
- Low maintenance
- Wide range of applications
Can be used for other applications in the chemical industry and in thermal process plants (e.g. oxyfuel systems (carrier medium: CO₂) or oxygen-free thermal reactions)
|Compact design with microwave plasma lance head and integrated plasma lance
|Intermittent operation / continuous operation
|230 / 400 VAC
|Lance head degree of protection
|Supply unit degree of protection
|Plasma lance length
|Max. 3 / 5 m
|Plasma lance diameter
|28 / 35 mm
|Microwave plasma output
|1 / 3 kW
|Plasma lance head ambient temperature
|0 … 60 °C
DURAG Group products and solutions under its group such as:
- SMITSVONK (Netherlands-based) for high-energy ignition systems, pilot burners, and ignition burners
- Hegwein GmbH (Stuttgart-based) for (gas and oil ignition burners and gas burners
- AP2E (France-based) for ProCeas® lasercem analyzers for gas traces in hydrocarbons via infrared spectrometry online gas analysis, with no need for sample conditioning/heating
- Grimm Aerosol Technik for detection and analysis of aerosol particles in various fields such as environmental monitoring, occupational safety and research.
- Mercury Analysers for measuring principle that allows separate determination of elemental and oxidized mercury
- Dust Monitors and Analysers for measure dust concentrations in dry and wet gases continuously
Approvals And Certifications
- TÜV certificate (Germany requirement for continuous emission monitoring systems)
- Compliant to US EPA, QAL 1 Certification, EN 14181, EN 15267, EN 16911-2
- FM approval (ANSI safety standards)
- Explosion Proof Certification (IECEx, ATEX, NEPSI, TIIS)
- CE Marking (conforms with the applicable EU directive)
The DURAG GROUP is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for combustion technology, emissions and ambient air monitoring, multi-gas analysis, tunnel sensors, and environmental and process data management, with more than 70 years of experience.
The company has around 500 specialists who offer modern technology, certified instruments, and reliable services for the individual requirements of customers worldwide.
It provides a comprehensive product portfolio for industrial combustion and flame control technology, visualization and online analysis of thermal processes, gas analysis, as well as the measurement and analysis of emissions and ambient air monitoring.